Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumpsandtanks Website | Chat Room | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Well, pump, tank, water quality, plmbg & electric
 Pumps in general
 Pitless Adapter With Square Nut
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NotFeelingWell

minnesota
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  5:45:20 PM  Show Profile Send NotFeelingWell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there. I've got a 5" pipe with an adapter about 5 feet below ground. It has a square nut that looks like it might be a release of some sort. Does anyone know the size of this and/or the center hole? Can anyone confirm that this nut has to be loosened? The cap is imprinted with 'Baker' if that helps - not sure if the adapter is branded the same. The pipe itself is metal. Any ideas or additional info about this set-up would be appreciated (does it use O-rings like I've seen on others?) - Any pictures or links you could refer me to?
Thanks for your insight.

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11632 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  08:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll bet Lkoops can tell you all about it. I've never seen one quite like that and since I've not used one in over 30 years, I'll just shut up and let Lance help you out.

Drillers Tools ~ Zilmet Bladder Tanks ~ Hand Pump in Well with Submersible Pump (/Simple Pump) ~ Sub in Lake Strainer ~ FAQ's
Go to Top of Page

lkoops

Michigan
885 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  11:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit lkoops's Homepage Send lkoops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is a Baker pitless adtp. that uses o-rings like you thought. You need to screw a 1" or 1.25" galv. pipe in the center of it to pull it out. They can pull extremely hard you may want to call a well driller with a pump hoist, these are not one of my favorite setups. The square you see down there is a pipe plug and has nothing to do with releasing the pitless, good luck.
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11632 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  09:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lance, I'm sure you remember the Baker (I think) that had the nut that moved an eccentric down in the 4" pipe which pushed an o=ringed tee into the socket. Did they finally do away with that contraption? It was a clamp on that I used back in the day.

Drillers Tools ~ Zilmet Bladder Tanks ~ Hand Pump in Well with Submersible Pump (/Simple Pump) ~ Sub in Lake Strainer ~ FAQ's
Go to Top of Page

NotFeelingWell

minnesota
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  4:46:17 PM  Show Profile Send NotFeelingWell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These are not one of my favorite setups.....good luck.

Yeah, I'm thinking my luck ran out just about the time the last gallon dribbled out of the tank.

And just this past weekend I thought, 'Gosh, it's literally been days since I had something to fix around here.' So I placed my special wishing cap (Cappy the All Seeing) upon my head, crossed my fingers (both hands), shut my eyes tight and wished...I wished upon a star! Alright - it always works! I just hope - you know, like my other projects - that this will cost more than I'm planning on, take longer than I thought, and only require an amount of my Type AB negative that won't leave me woosie. Or perhaps a semi-permanent scarring could be negotiated. But not on the face. I'm saving that for a car repair.

So a T-pipe set-up to pull this thing out and don't worry about the square nut, got it. But it's going to be a complete PITA, got it. And of all the pitless adapters out there you apparently wouldn't have this one over for dinner, not being your favorite and all. Got that too.

Anyone know where Mr. Baker lives? I'd like to have a word with him.
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11632 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  08:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the Baker o-ringed pitlesses you have to sometimes tunk up on them to get them loose. I don't know what type of slap hammer you can devise, but that is the easiest way I know of. Either that or some real good leverage pulling straight up on the coupling with the female threads. Once the o-rings come up, the rest is just lifting the weight of the pump, pipe and water in the pipe.

By the way, I sell pumps too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pumps And Tanks Forums! © Pumps And Tanks Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05