Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumpsandtanks Website | Chat Room | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Well, pump, tank, water quality, plmbg & electric
 Pumps in general
 deep well pump won't shut off
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mick

2 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  6:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit mick's Homepage Send mick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a deep well jet pump that will not turn off. I have replaced the pressure tank, pressure switch and the foot valve, but it continues to run. It pumps up to 32lbs and holds steady even after I turn the pump off.
Is it possible that there is something inside the pump that has worn out.
Thanks for the help
Mick

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11687 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  09:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It could be your injector. If it is a shallow well jet pump, the injector is in the pump, deep well injectors are in the well. The other problem could be trash in the impeller, but not likely, the jet will usually plug first.

bob...

Frequently asked questions at a glance.

Return to Pumps & Tanks
Go to Top of Page

mick

2 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  11:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit mick's Homepage Send mick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Replaced the injector today. The pressure came up to 36lbs and stopped. I guess the next step is to replace the pump, right?
thanks for the help!
Mick
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11687 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  08:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you physically pull a jet from the well and put in a new one?

If so, did you put the same nozzle, venturi combination? It may have been the wrong sizing to begin with and will not make more pressure until you cut down on the size.

Or if you want to replace the pump, may I suggest a multistage instead of a single stage, this will help a bunch with the pressure problem.

bob...

Frequently asked questions at a glance.

Return to Pumps & Tanks
Go to Top of Page

wrkllc

6 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  12:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit wrkllc's Homepage Send wrkllc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Water level in your well may have dropped due to the drought here in Florida, Your pump may not be able to pull the water and hold pressure at the same time from the new water table. The fact the pressure stays even with thte pump off says no leaks in the casing.

Add another 10' to 20' of drop pipe, or replace the pump with a two stage larger HP may work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pumps And Tanks Forums! © Pumps And Tanks Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05