Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumpsandtanks Website | Chat Room | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Well, pump, tank, water quality, plmbg & electric
 Pumps in general
 Pressure switch with low-pressure shut-off
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TomJ

IL
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  10:17:21 AM  Show Profile Send TomJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered a new Well X-Trol tank and I figure this is a good time to replace my pressure switch, pressure gauge, and inside plumbing to tank. While looking for a new pressure switch, I notice that some have a low-pressure cut-off feature. Should I get one with that feature? I think I understand that feature's purpose but could someone explain it anyway?

Edited by - TomJ on Jan 11 2012 11:03:43 AM

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11659 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  11:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good choice on the tank you bought.

A low pressure cut off switch is designed to save your pump in the event it loses it's prime and can't shut itself off once water usage stops. It's not a fail safe method but better than none at all. If your well produces water at a usable rate and you have a good pump that never starves for water, don't use one.

Products and Pricing
Go to Top of Page

TomJ

IL
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  11:49:35 AM  Show Profile Send TomJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks speedbump. I ordered the switch without that feature.

speedbump: If you read this, I have a comment unrelated to my question here. I tried to email a moderator but found that I don't have enough posts to do that.

The other day, I posted a basic question about well tanks. One of the responses I recieved had a rather insulting tone to it. The person who responded all but called me a liar when I said that my old Sears bladder tank had lasted 25 years and he also said that I must have had my well shut-down much of the time. After checking my records, I found that the tank was only 20 years old but that is pretty long too and my well is run every day. It's the well for my only home.

Anyway, in my initial reply to his response, I did mention that his remark rubbed me wrong but I quickly edited the reply and removed that remark so nobody saw it anyway even though it was a polite response. I thanked him for his response and my post was polite. But it appears that I have been kicked off the forums and it also appears that my thread was deleted. I always try to be polite in forums even when I run into the unfortunate person who just likes to be nasty to others. I don't understand why I would be kicked off a forum because someone insulted me. I did my best to reply politely but I did include a mild zinger meant to be funny and included a laughing emoticon to make sure it was taken the way I meant it. But, as I said, I thanked the person for their response and I was polite.

I had to register with a new handle to post my second question. I hope I am not kicked off the forum again because it is excellent. I learned a lot of good stuff by browsing the threads. I just don't know why I was apparently kicked off.

Keep up the good work. It's very helpful.
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11659 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  12:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tom,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience and hope it won't happen again. I sent you an email earlier as I was notified of the rejected PM.

Products and Pricing
Go to Top of Page

snake

CA
818 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  2:05:00 PM  Show Profile Send snake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomJThe other day, I posted a basic question about well tanks. One of the responses I recieved had a rather insulting tone to it. The person who responded all but called me a liar when I said that my old Sears bladder tank had lasted 25 years and he also said that I must have had my well shut-down much of the time. After checking my records, I found that the tank was only 20 years old but that is pretty long too and my well is run every day. It's the well for my only home.
Tom, I did some searching around and you didn't get that rude response from anyone on this forum. You posted that question on the Terry Love Forum of dis-information your user ID there is ZoneIII, there you will always receive rude responses and probably the wrong information. Your thread is still active there, and you have received bad information from a guy named "Porky"... who can you trust if you can't trust a guy named Porky!

Welcome to Pumps & Tanks Forum, here you will receive the best advice from people that acutally drill wells and install pumps and tanks.

Except me of course...

Snake
Go to Top of Page

Texas Wellman
admin

SE Texas
1595 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  7:41:51 PM  Show Profile Send Texas Wellman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Snake is correct. You were thinking of another forum.
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11659 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  08:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should have known. Rudeness from that Forum is the norm.

Products and Pricing
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pumps And Tanks Forums! © Pumps And Tanks Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05