Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumpsandtanks Website | Chat Room | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Well, pump, tank, water quality, plmbg & electric
 Pumps in general
 Water pressure tank short cycling.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

venis7250

Michigan
USA

1 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  5:15:46 PM  Show Profile Send venis7250 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I need some serious help, for I have little knowledge of this system, I have a Pro-Source Steel Pressure Tank, Model PS42T-T02, do not know the gallon side, but it is short cycling, which I know is not good. When it is not working it is a 40, when it is running it goes to 50. What do I need to check for and how do I stop it from short cycling and burning up the motor?

lkoops

Michigan
885 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  7:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit lkoops's Homepage Send lkoops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like your tank's bladder is shot you need to replace the tank. You can try to pump some air into it but its only a bandaid. Shut off electric to pump, drain as much water as you can out of the tank leave the faucet open while pumping air in the tank. Sometimes you can blow out the remaining water out of the tank. Your empty tank should be precharged to 2 psi.less than the cut in of your switch. (If your switch kicks on @ 30psi. you need 28lbs of air in your empty tank. When replacing your tank use a Well-x-trol or steel Flexcon tank all others are prone to early bladder failure.
Go to Top of Page

ROOT
Advanced Member

florida
25 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  9:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit ROOT's Homepage Send ROOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It takes a while to get that water back through the small orifice of a leaking bladder and I think it would be easier under pressure. We have bought time to save for a new tank by adding air to the waterlogged tank. I wish I could get a more reliable tank, it seems none of the bladder tanks last long, were my old house had a big galvanized bladder-less tank that required a bit of maintenance but never needed to be replaced in 30 years.
Go to Top of Page

justwater
admin

FL/GA
1492 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  02:15:19 AM  Show Profile Send justwater a Private Message  Reply with Quote
koops gave great instructions. read the sticky on failed bladders if u get a little confused.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pumps And Tanks Forums! © Pumps And Tanks Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05