Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumpsandtanks Website | Chat Room | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General discussion
 Computer questions, tips and handy utilities.
 Cool Newsletters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
USA

11186 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  10:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought I would share a couple of newsletters that I receive each and every day from a couple of computer geekie places.

The first one is "The how-to geek" It sometimes goes over my head with some of the content, but I have gotten some very helpful stuff and some cool free software too. Here's the link. http://www.howtogeek.com/
When you get there, click on subscribe if you like and it will show up in your mailbox every day.

The second one is "Worldstart" They sell stuff and there is quite a bit of advertising, but they always have a couple of tips and other neat stuff. You can also get tips on M$ Office. Here's the link: http://worldstart.com/
When you get there, hover your mouse over "Computer Tips" then select the bottom link, "Computer Tips Newsletter". There you can create an account and once created, you will be sent to another page where on the left side is the list of things you can subscribe to. It looks like this:

I hope you get a lot of goodies from these sites.
PS: Some of the stuff they sell can be bought other places for less and some of their stuff is junk. Just a friendly warning.

Products and Pricing

PatOz

Pensacola
Florida
377 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  8:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit PatOz's Homepage Send PatOz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 'Geek' rocks! I flag any of their emails with stuff I know I want to get back to, and then put all of their emails in a separate folder. I can then 'search' the folder later for topics I may need to reference. It's a great How-to site.

Another one I use quite often is Windows 7 Forums http://www.sevenforums.com/. It's not only for Windows 7 users, but covers almost everything.
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11186 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  12:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the Win7 Forum Pat. I'll be checking that out a lot since I'm running seven on three machines and there is still a lot I need to learn about it. I had XP just about figured out and here comes another one. I think I'll skip eight and see what comes after that.

Products and Pricing
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pumps And Tanks Forums! © Pumps And Tanks Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05