Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumpsandtanks Website | Chat Room | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Well, pump, tank, water quality, plmbg & electric
 Pumps in general
 new well
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jasrking
Advanced Member

IN
21 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  11:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit jasrking's Homepage Send jasrking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since my last well was trashed I installed a new well.. just a simple shallow well..hit water about 15 feet with about 20 foot of pipe...hooked up the utilitech (junk) pump and spend forever trying to get it to run..it kept shutting itself off when it got instantly hot..after an hour of this i switched it over to 220 volt and it worked fine..its a 110 setup..they wired the switch wrong!
I was able pull water from the well..it was sandy which i would expect and the inlet pipe was very cold but i could never get the pump to push water to the tank..i put the pressure gauge on it and never got it over 20psi..the tank holds 24 psi of air
i was able to get water to come out diverting past the tank but the pressure was very small..
the consensus was maybe we needed to put another piece of pipe down that maybe the point wasn't deep enough...after that (probably the max limit for shallow well pull) we were unable to get the pump to pull any water from the well
any suggestions..its a 1/2 horsepower shallow well jet pump.
thanks

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11186 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  09:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even though you admitted the pump was junk, you wired it wrong. Don't blame the pump because the well doesn't produce much water and pumps sand.

When you punch a screened well into the ground, the approved test pump is a Pitcher Pump.

It doesn't need electricity, don't care much about sand and will lift all the water the 1-1/4" well will produce. If the screen was sized properly, the Pitcher Pump will clear the sand up after filling several 5 gallon buckets of water.

By the way, what is a utilitech pump? Do you have a picture of it?

Products and Pricing
Go to Top of Page

jasrking
Advanced Member

IN
21 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  11:19:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit jasrking's Homepage Send jasrking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
its a lowes brand
Go to Top of Page

JustWellWater84

Florida
364 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  11:38:07 AM  Show Profile Send JustWellWater84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That pump is garbage. Probably already worn from sand. If u went past the water zone with the screen u will have no water.. The idea is to have the screen dead in the middle of the water bearing zone. Never put in a shallow well but common sense tells me this much. Worry about gpm before u worry about pressure. How much water did u have before u pushed further?

Edited by - JustWellWater84 on May 03 2010 11:48:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

jasrking
Advanced Member

IN
21 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  12:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit jasrking's Homepage Send jasrking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i had a about a quarter of what i should have if that
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pumps And Tanks Forums! © Pumps And Tanks Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05