Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumpsandtanks Website | Chat Room | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Well, pump, tank, water quality, plmbg & electric
 Electrical wiring and components
 Wireing the complete Well, Storage tank,, Float Sw
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vietnam1947

New Braunfels
Texas
USA

6 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  3:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit vietnam1947's Homepage Send vietnam1947 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can completly wire a home, I wire the well with presure tank to pump water to home.
Question? I am adding a 3000 gal storage tank and presure pump, and Can Not Figure Out How to Wire in a Float Switch to cut off well when it gets full of turn on the well when it gets LOW.
Sinse I have a Low Yeild Well I am also Installing a Cycle Timer to run the well 4 minuets on and 1 hour off. I am doing this to keep from drawing the well down so many times and causing problems with caseing and water level.
Please any Help on How to wire in some type of Float Switch?
Thanks Fred

Carm
Advanced Member

Pa.
92 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  3:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carm's Homepage Send Carm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If I understand correctly, you will have two pumps, one for the well, one for the storage tank.
The float switch will cut off the well pump when high level is reached in the tank.
The float switch would be wired in series with the well pump, if it will handle the pump's amp draw.If not, you'd need a relay controlled by the float switch.
Speedbump probably has both items.
A low level float switch would be required for your tank pump, to prevent it running the tank dry and burning up. Similar wiring to above.
Using a cycle timer to avoid dry well drawdown should be based on the well's recovery rate. If the pump delivers less than this amount, you will have a degree of protection from it burning up.
Go to Top of Page

vietnam1947

New Braunfels
Texas
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  3:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit vietnam1947's Homepage Send vietnam1947 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the well now set as just well pump to presure tank to home.
I just want to add a storage tank and DO NOT KNOW KHOW TO WIRE IN A FLOAT OR FLOATS TO THE SYSTEM.. I have not done any thing yetbut dig trench and add pipe from well house to tank. I want to pump from well to tank and add a pump to pump from tank to pesure tank, and some where in there add a float or floats to cut on/off the well.
Go to Top of Page

vietnam1947

New Braunfels
Texas
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  4:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit vietnam1947's Homepage Send vietnam1947 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess what I really need is a diagram of wireing the float switches into the tank and elect system???

Edited by - vietnam1947 on Sep 12 2009 8:25:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11485 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  09:13:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are three drawings that might be helpful.

I am a firm believer in putting a submersible in the cistern over a jet pump. More pressure, water and less headaches.
I also like making the float systems 24 volt.

http://www.pumpsandtanks.com/Helpful-Info/cistern_sub.htm
http://www.pumpsandtanks.com/Helpful-Info/Low-Yeild-Well.htm
http://www.pumpsandtanks.com/Helpful-Info/24_Volt_Float_System.htm

Products and Pricing
Wealth building made easy, watch the video
Go to Top of Page

vietnam1947

New Braunfels
Texas
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  3:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit vietnam1947's Homepage Send vietnam1947 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Valveman could I use the C8866 timer as a in line on/off timer for power to the well control boc adding the float to the L1 and contactor with a jump wire. ??? http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/files/intermatic/products/instructions/timers/c8866%20-%20english.ashx<
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11485 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  10:42:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Valveman doesn't post on this Forum anymore.

The link you posted isn't valid, so I'm not sure what timer your referring to.

Products and Pricing
Wealth building made easy, watch the video
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pumps And Tanks Forums! © Pumps And Tanks Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05