Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumpsandtanks Website | Chat Room | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Well, pump, tank, water quality, plmbg & electric
 Pumps in general
 2" WELL CASING
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cthompso

5 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  11:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit cthompso's Homepage Send cthompso a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I HAVE PURCHASED A SMALL PIECE OF LAND AND IT HAS A 2" WELL CASING ON IT. THE WELL IS ABOUT 102' DEEP AND THE WATER LEVEL IS AROUND 14' DEEP. ALL THE WELLS IN THE AREA HAVE THE WELL PUMP MOUNTED ON TOP OF THE CASING.WOULD A SHALLOW WELL SET UP BE APPROPRIATE FOR THIS APPLICATION? IF SO, WHAT DO YOU RECCOMMEND FOR THE PUMP SIZE AND INSTALLATION. I AM GOING TO USE THIS AS MY PRIMARY WATER SOURCE AND SOMEDAY BUILD A 3 BEDROOM 2 BATH HOME. ANY INFO WOULD BE A HELP. THANKS...

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11693 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  12:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apparently you don't have to worry about freezing if the pumps are mounted on top. I'm not sure why the pumps would be on top. A shallow well jet is horizontal.

The real consideration is the water level. As long as it's going to stay above 25 feet year around you can use the shallow well jet pump. If it's going to go below that depth, you should consider the deep well jet pump which would be with a vertical pump if possible.

You can expect around 10 gallons per minute with a 1/2hp shallow well jet and about 10 with a 1hp deep well jet. With a 1hp shallow well jet you can get up to 25 gpm.

If you want pricing let me know and we can go from there.

bob...

Frequently asked questions at a glance.

Return to Pumps & Tanks
Go to Top of Page

cthompso

5 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  2:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit cthompso's Homepage Send cthompso a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BOB,
WOULD THE MVP100 2 STAGE VERTICAL JET PUMP BE A DIRECTION I COULD TAKE OR WOULD IT BE AN OVERKILL? CAN THIS PUMP BE INSTALLED ON TOP OF THE CASING WITH A 1 1/4" DROP PIPE INSIDE THE 2" WELL OR DO I HAVE TO HAVE IT SET UP DIFFERENT? ALSO HOW FAR DOWN WOULD I INSTALL A DROP PIPE IF I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE WATER LEVEL WOULD END UP WHILE THE PUMP IS RUNNING? THANKS AGAIN..

CRAIG
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11693 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  2:31:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The MVP is an excellent choice. It is a 1hp two stage pump with a coupled shaft which means you can service the motor without taking the pump apart.

You will need a single pipe jet and a vertical casing adaptor. It will now be a deep well system and since the jet will lift water 25 feet below itself 21' of galvanized pipe should be plenty.

I can supply the pump, jet and casing adaptor. But you get the 1-1/4" galvanized pipe. If I shipped it to you it would have to go by truck and would cost a fortune for shipping.

One other thing I would recommend is a good brass footvalve. The one that Myers is putting in their box with the jet is plastic and not worth two cents. I can fix you up with that too. It has to be a 1" so it will fit in the 2" casing.

bob...

Return to Pumps & Tanks
Go to Top of Page

cthompso

5 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  2:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit cthompso's Homepage Send cthompso a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BOB,
I AM LOCATED IN BROOKESVILLE. I ASSUME YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE TAMPA AREA. COULD I PLACE AN ORDER AND PICK IT UP MYSELF? DO YOU HAVE THE PRODUCTS ON HAND OR WOULD I NEED TO WAIT FOR YOU TO RECIEVE THEM IF I ORDER?

THANKS,
CRAIG
Go to Top of Page

cthompso

5 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  07:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit cthompso's Homepage Send cthompso a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BOB,
JUST AFEW MORE QUESTIONS.WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF HAVING A 1/2HP PUMP VERSIS A 1HP JET PUMP? ALSO WHAT IS THE ADVATAGE OF BUYING THE MVP100 VERTICAL JET VERSIS THE HJ 100D PUMP, BESIDES THE REPAIR SIDE THAT YOU MENTION BEFORE?

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11693 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  09:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The HJ100D is a single stage horizontal pump. Makes less pressure and won't mount vertically on your well.

I do have the parts in stock and your more than welcome to come by, I'm just off I-75 at exit 250.

Don't come Hwy 41, you can't get here from there. Too much traffic, geesh, I-75 is bad enough.

bob...

Return to Pumps & Tanks
Go to Top of Page

doublebump
admin

Riverview
Fl.
15 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  09:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit doublebump's Homepage Send doublebump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Craig,

The MVP100 will give you more water and more pressure, and is the only pump Myers makes that is vertical, and can be mounted on the top of the well.

Barb...

Visit my web site
Go to Top of Page

cthompso

5 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  02:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit cthompso's Homepage Send cthompso a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THANKS FOR THE INFO!! I WILL SEE YA SOON...

CRAIG
Go to Top of Page

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11693 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  08:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We'll be here Craig. We're here from 9 to 12 on Saturday also.

bob...

Return to Pumps & Tanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pumps And Tanks Forums! © Pumps And Tanks Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05