Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumps And Tanks Forums!
Pumpsandtanks Website | Chat Room | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Well, pump, tank, water quality, plmbg & electric
 Tanks in general
 A.O. Smith aqua-air V250, inaddequate pressure?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ehlhjh

Belvidere
IL
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  11:54:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit ehlhjh's Homepage Send ehlhjh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ever since a plumber replaced my water softener, I noticed that the water pressure all over the house is significantly less and causing problems, such as the dishwasher not cleaning dishes adequately. How do I check to see if my water tank is putting out adequate pressure? I have an A.O. Smith aqua-air V250. The system is about 12 yrs old

speedbump
Admin

Riverview
Florida
11638 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  11:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit speedbump's Homepage Send speedbump a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my opinion the Aqua Air tank was very substandard and failed very soon after installation. You should first check the tank. Then see if the Plumber installed the same size softener as you once had. It could be that he cheaped out and installed something that would offer backpressure to the system. Or maybe it's set up wrong somehow.

bob...

Products and Pricing
Go to Top of Page

JeffGr

SC
355 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  09:30:29 AM  Show Profile Send JeffGr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can check the pressure from the tank with a tire gauge. The pressure should be about 2# less than the cut on pressure of the system. Check your pressure switch for a pressure range such as 30-50 psi.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pumps And Tanks Forums! © Pumps And Tanks Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05